GCS has performed numerous risk assessments and prepared comprehensive reports on them for pharmaceutical, industrial, agricultural and environmental agents, food packaging materials, Proposition 65 filings, e-cig ingredients and materials, and medical devices.
- Calculation of safe and allowable levels and qualification of process impurities, residual solvents, degradants, and excipients
- Estimation of the risk from leachables and extractables
- Assessment of risk levels in both humans and animals using QSAR methods
- Accepted as a predictive model by the FDA
- Prediction of multiple toxicity endpoints: carcinogenicity, chromosome damage, genotoxicity, hepatotoxicity, HERG channel inhibition, irritation, mutagenicity, ocular toxicity, reproductive toxicity, respiratory sensitization, skin sensitization, thyroid toxicity, and other miscellaneous or custom endpoints
- Estimation of safety testing outcomes (e.g. Ames, CHO, etc.)
- High-throughput screening for all assessed endpoints
- Application as tool for candidate selection
- STN is a multiple-database search service from CAS, a division of the American Chemical Society
- Includes RTECS, HSDB, TOXCENTER, AGRICOLA, BIOSIS, BIOTECHNO, DDFB, DDFU, DISSABS, DRUGB, DRUGU, EMBAL, EMBASE, ESBIOBASE, HEALSAFE, IMSDRUGNEWS, LIFESCHI, MEDLINE, MSDS-CCOHS, MSDS-OHS, PHARMAML, SCISEARCH, TOXCENTER, VETB, and VETU.
- Structure searches using multiple criteria
Leadscope (Hosted Client)
- Full search of published FDA data on marketed drugs, excipients, and food chemicals
- Full search of multiple other FDA databases: FDA SAR Carcinogenicity Database, FDA SAR Genetox Database, FDA CDER 2011 Chronic/Subchronic Database, FDA CDER (Center for Drug Evaluation and Research) reviews, FDA CDER 2011 Genetox Database, FDA CDER 2011 Repro-Developmental Database, FDA CFSAN 2011 Acute Toxicity Database, FDA CFSAN 2011 Chronic/Subchronic Database, FDA CFSAN 2011 Genetox Database, and the FDA CFSAN 2011 Repro-Developmental Database
- Toxicity data for more than 163,000 chemical structures (data primarily from RTECS)
- Predictive toxicology using structural similarity searches
- Compound assessment using the QSAR models that the FDA uses for predictive toxicology (models under development may not be available)
- Prediction of rodent carcinogenicity, non-human genetic toxicity, non-human reproductive toxicity, non-human developmental toxicity, non-human neurotoxicity, non-human miscellaneous toxicity endpoints, human adverse hepatobiliary effects, and human adverse urinary tract effects
Literature, Databases, and Experience
- Gad Consulting Services initiated and continues to update the vehicles project to identify safe levels of vehicles and excipients for nonclinical studies.
- GCS has experienced researchers with access to both public and fee-based toxicology, medical device, biomaterial, chemical, and biochemical databases.
- We have licensed copies of multiple chemical entity search programs and a vast library, including the Merck Index, USP, Martindale’s, PDR, an excipient database, and other similar products.
- Gad Consulting Services has internal databases of evaluated drugs, excipients, polymers, and biomaterials. View List of Compounds Assessed.
- Extensive library access: NLM, universities, publishers and internet journals holdings.
- In addition, Dr. Gad has authored or edited 48 books, 58 independent chapters and more than 400 papers and abstracts and has more than 34 years of experience in compound risk assessment.
- TOXNET, OECD and ECHA